Thursday, April 2, 2009

Farwell English 380

Oh last blog entry, how I will miss writing you!
The writers that we had in class today were insightful and I was genuinely interested in what they had to say. It was surreal. Here I am thinking that no one thinks about Edmonton the way we do outside our little class but as the writers showed, there are others that do feel a connection as well. I have to give a shout out to Heather, who is an awesome prof! She is the only one that I have had in my post secondary career that has brought in writers to the class, who interacts with us on a more intimate level. I actually wish that more classes were like that. I use to find that when I sat in a class I always wondered what the other individuals were thinking, where they came from. It made me feel isolated from the Edmonton community, I would just sit down and absorb the information. Now I feel like I am more connected with other people, mainly because I realize now that there is a community, a network of resources that I had never thought of before. I think that now, more so then I ever had in my life, love Edmonton just the way it is. I can grumble about the weather and the lack of anything to do, but really I just have to look beyond lull and find something to do. In the end I would like to say that I have enjoyed this class, and I don't think I will be forgetting the impact it has had on my life in the near future. I hope everyone has a good summer and excel in their academic careers. Lots of hugs. -Emmy

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was an awesome and positive, happy, warm and fuzzy blog. It was exactly what I wanted to read this afternoon. Thank-you! I feel the same way about pretty much everything you mentioned. This was a unique, enjoyable, and intimate class that I will not soon forget. Last year, a friend of mine had to write a blog for his first year English class. When I heard that, and saw what he wrote for it, I thought it was kind of silly and pointless. But after having to participate in it myself, I understand the importance of sharing and reading one another's ideas. Super cool. Anyways. Have a great summer! Take care.

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I totally thought I had already written this, but apparently I didn't notice I put in the stupid confirmation word right, my bad!

    Anyways, I would have to agree that the blog assignment was, all in all, a great experience. I had to do it once for another English class and I hated it so much because it ended up being everyone sounding like a pompous jackass because all informality was frowned upon. Cheers for how this blog class worked out, twas fun!

    ReplyDelete