Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Randomness

I am unsure of what to write about as our class comes ever closer to the end. I think I will be upset when it's over, I actually enjoyed learning about Edmonton with my peers, it was amazing to have to many different views and opinions on issues we discussed in class. I've decided since this class is about all of the differences that brought our city together I will randomly comment on a few things. I was on the bus the other day thinking about the poetry classes we had and the whole talking about the stars and the gods, listening to the new Metric songs for the first time, when the chorus to Front Row came on:
"Burned out stars they shine so bright
All of us
Burned out stars they shine so bright"
It's true that stars when they burn out tend to shine brighter to us because we are seeing them explode from earth and it takes a while for the brightness to hit earth. I then came around to this thought that Edmonton is like a burned out star. I feel that we are glowing brighter now than we ever have before. The city is moving forward, it is expanding and we are becoming more culturally diverse. It lead to something more profound at the time, but I have had a stressful week and did not get my thought out completely but I thought I would share that random blurb into my thoughts. I also decided that to commemorate the poetry classes I would try my hand at a not so good version of a haiku for Edmonton, so here it goes:
Edmonton is home
many things hidden and unearthed
continuing to learn.
TADA!! Okay, so it's not that great but I am bored and tried. So I think I will end this post here, I am sure you have all discovered how much I lose my mind when I am stressed about finals, my thought process goes all over the place. Just one last thing before I go. Remember when we were talking about our heroes having different sides that might not always be great. For example, Emily Murphy and her involvement in Eugenics, well I found out something about Dr. Seuss. Beloved creator of Cat In The Hat also was involved in political cartoons, and I came across this one that I found very interesting. What do you all think?


http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/axis-conquers-philippines-7.jpg

1 comment:

  1. That cartoon is sure something else, I think I feel betrayed by Dr. Seuss! Oh, and I like your Haiku. :)

    ReplyDelete